NOTICE– The Sunset Justice Court is by appointment only. You will need to contact the court at 801-825-3303 to schedule a court date and time to appear.
The Sunset Justice Court adjudicates the following offenses:
Class B & C Misdemeanors and Infractions
City Ordinance Violations
JUSTICE COURT MyCase
MyCase is an online portal where you can:
Make payments to your case(s) balance(s)
See the date and time of your next scheduled court appearance
See a history of your court case(s)
See public documents filed to your court case(s)
Sunset Justice Court FAQ’s
When Can I Come To Court?
How Do I Handle Citations?
Mandatory and Non-Mandatory Citations
- You must pay or appear on a citation within 14 calendar days from the date you received your citation
- Citations that are not handled within 14 calendar days are subject to a $50 late appearance penalty
- Fix-it citations must be signed by the inspecting police officer and presented to the court within 14 calendar days after the issuance of the citation.
- Upon the presentation of the signed fix-it citation the court may reduce the fine or dismiss the charge.
What Can Clerks Do For You?
- Explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- Give you general information about court rules, procedures and practices.
- Give you information from your case file.
- Tell you whether or not you should bring your case to court.
- Tell you what words to use in your court papers.
- Tell you what to say in court.
- Give you an opinion as to what will happen if you bring your case to court.
- Talk to the Judge for you.
- Let you talk to the Judge outside of court.
- Change an order signed by the Judge
Can I Bring My Children To Court?
Young children are not allowed in the court.
Judge Brian Bowers
Judge Brian E. Brower was appointed to the Clearfield City Justice Court in August 2015 and to the Sunset City and Morgan County Justice Courts in December 2016. Judge Brower earned a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature with a minor in Criminal Justice from Weber State University. He then graduated from the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah.
Upon graduation and passing the bar, Judge Brower worked as a Deputy County Attorney for Weber County. He later served as both the Murray City Prosecutor as well as the Layton City Prosecutor before being appointed as Clearfield’s City Attorney in 2007. He served as City Attorney for eight years before his appointment to the bench.
Address, Hours, Contact Info
Sunset Justice Court
200 W 1300 N, Sunset, Utah 84015
Mon-Fri: 9 AM – 5 PM (Except for Holidays)